Search Inside Yourself™ Leadership Training
Time & Location
About the Event
Please join us for the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI) at Oakland's Preservation Park for two full days of personal and professional development focused on building healthy mental habits for sustained high performance and wellbeing. Our session will incorporate a specific focus on leadership in education at the classroom, school and central office level. Developed at Google and based on the latest in neuroscience research, the Search Inside Yourself (SIY) program teaches attention and mindfulness training that builds the core emotional intelligence skills needed for effective leadership in all contexts.
The SIY curriculum includes:
- Emotional Intelligence
We’ve implemented our programs in dozens of organizations across industries and around the world using highly practical and scientifically proven methods of mental conditioning and attention training that improve overall emotional intelligence and wellbeing, resilience, creativity, communication, productivity, and personal and organizational leadership.
Whether you are coming for personal or professional development or to check out the SIY program for your organization, you will learn foundational skills to:
- Enhance mental fitness and clarity
- Develop agile and adaptive mindsets
- Reduce stress responses
- Increase resilience
- Improve access to creativity
- Develop greater self-awareness
- Enhance emotion regulation
- Improve communication skills
- Develop better decision-making skills
- Develop greater emotional intelligence
- Experience greater overall wellbeing, thrive!
When to Arrive
Doors open at 8:30 am. We will start the workshop promptly at 9 am, so we ask that you arrive a few minutes early to find a seat and settle in and enjoy a light breakfast.
What to bring, meals & break schedule
- Please bring a journal and pen for some of the exercises.
- On both days, we will provide continental breakfast, lunch; and healthy snacks, water, and coffee all day.
- In the mornings there will be one ~15 min break around 10:30 am; in the afternoon there will be two 10-15 minute breaks.
- Each day of the program we plan to end by 5 pm.
Where: Preservation Park, Oakland
Parking: Several Parking Garages nearby.
Public Transportation: 12th Street City Center is the closest BART Station.
For those of you traveling from out of the area and choosing to stay in a hotel, below are accommodations convenient to Preservation Park where our 2-day training will take place: