SAWUBONA: Trauma-Responsive Schools & Classrooms with an Equity Lens
Time & Location
About the Event
SAWUBONA: We Bring Belonging
Trauma-Responsive Schools & Classrooms with an Equity Lens
Register your teams for July 26 & 27, from 1:30 - 4:30 PM PST.
The equity gap has only widened in schools. Both racial and educational trauma has been further exposed on a systemic level. We are experiencing a time where BOTH educators and children have undergone significant amounts of chronic, persistent trauma. How do we create better conditions now to mitigate the effects of trauma for ourselves and for our students? How do we welcome our children back into healthy, healing learning spaces? Whether we are in-person or distance-learning, dynamic equity leaders, Shawn & Tovi, share key concepts of their trauma-responsive approach through an equity lens. They will share a framework full of actionable strategies to help create schools and classrooms designed to thrive.
Each day is 3 hours to complete the 6-hour full training. Includes a full workbook, 1 CEU, and tons of tools!!
This one-of-a-kind workshop uses educational pedagogy grounded in trauma-informed practices and emotional intelligence strategies with equity at its core. Participants will discover new capacities to improve their own pedagogy and increase outcomes for teaching and learning.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Understand the interconnectedness of trauma, social-emotional learning, and equity
- Understand what trauma is and how it impacts students on cognitive and physiological levels
- Understand the racialized and educational trauma many students of color and their families have experienced
- Learn immediate strategies to create a trauma-informed school and classrooms
- Learn resilience-building tools and strategies to use with students
- Expand their equity lens and increase cultural-responsiveness
- General Admission$109$1090$0